Saturday 22 March 2008

Lexy Clinton, The Ever-Hopeful Actress

Letter To Justin Chadwick RE: "The Other Boleyn Girl"


Dear Mr Chadwick,

My name is Lexy Clinton. I am an actress from Devendeck in England, UK. I believe I have something I can bring to your new film, ‘The Other Boleyn Girl’, which is set to start filming in a few months time. I have long held a deep interest in all things historical, and when I was a child I was fascinated by the Tudors. My teachers used to say they couldn’t teach me anything unless Henry VIII was involved somehow! Of all the Kings and Queens of that age, however, I found Anne Boleyn, Henry’s second wife, to be by far the most interesting. So when I saw you were making a film about her, I knew that I had to be a part of it somehow!
I received a copy of the script from my agent, and to my great surprise I noticed that nobody had yet filled the role of “Young Anne”. As a woman who has spent half her life researching the Tudors, I believe that I am uniquely placed to play this role for you. I understand and feel for the character, and I already have the English accent sorted out!
My resume may look rather bare, but this is entirely due to the fact that I feel the need to research each role I take, so I can fully understand every aspect of how that character thinks, moves, and feels. For example, when I played the role of “Meteorologist” in a series of short commercials for a UK airline, I spent several months preparing to find out exactly how one goes about doing such a job with several experts. It must have paid off too, for the director told me that the advert helped increase revenue by .24%!
So Mr Chadwick, when you go casting the role of “Young Anne” in your film, I hope that my name will be one of the first you turn to when it comes to auditioning. I have the skills and background information to really sell this film to the general public, and I look forward to working with you.

Yours sincerely,

Lexy Clinton.
[March 1st 2006]



Dear Ms Clinton,

I am sorry, but the role of “Young Anne” is unsuitable for your talents, as prestigious as you say they are. Sadly, you are too old for the role, as we are looking for a girl between eight and twelve to play the part of Anne as a child. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours.

Yours,

Marianne Thimberly.

[April 2006]

No comments:

Post a Comment